RoGGKenya.org is a site for Kenyan journalists and bloggers.
A one-stop-shop for those who are interested in reporting on good governance and corruption. In Kenya, it is a good time for independent media to report on these issues because:
- A huge majority of leaders in the country fully support the fight on corruption.
- Kenya has been ranked very low on good governance. Corruption is high.
- The laws and rules governing the country are very good (as a UN report recently said).
Reporting on Good Governance and corruption in counties and nationally should, ideally, be a daily routine for journalists. Their task should be to find where all the good laws and plans are being followed for the well being of the citizens of Kenya. Under the proposition of constructive journalism, positive results of the research are as welcome as the bad news that the public seem to be used to. And it does not have to entail a month long investigation which only few can afford to do.
In our toolbox
- Areas of Coverage – like public procurement, the County budget, or – soon to come – good governance in elections
- Laws & Rules in government – from the Constitution to the Witness Protection Act . Our other web pages point directly to the relevant law sections.
- Find Stories – specific ideas for reporting are given here and added over time
- Agencies & Stakeholders and what they are good for – from the EACC to the PPOA and others
- Corruption Offences – with short explanations, pointing to the primary source: the law sections.
- Tips & Hints on issues on the way to your story: Access to information – Freedom of Expression and Media – Search tips for the web
Read the About page to find out about the motives and ideas behind RoGGKenya.org
Contact us to report errors; discuss with us or suggest changes.
Post your comments. You can do it on many pages on this site.
Follow us on Twitter and join the RoGGKenya.org- Community on Facebook!
And let us share our thoughts on the site by using the chance to comment directly.