From 2016, the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA) is transiting into the new Public Procurement Regulatory Agency (PPRA). see Section 8 of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015…
Legal mandates of Public Procurement Oversight Authority
- It shall ensure that procurement procedures are complied with as laid down in the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act and its regulations.
- It monitores the procurement system and reports on its overall functioning
- It initiates public procurement policy
- It provides manuals and standard tender documents
- It develops, promotes and supports training and professional development of staff involved in procurement